“I like Chem D flower for its beautiful bright green colored nugs and dank citrus-like smell. I really enjoy its balanced levels of the terpene’s limonene and myrcene, which gives it an elevating mind yet relaxing body feel. I enjoy using Chem D during nighttime when I get home after work as well as my days off when I want to relax and cruise.”
Chem D Weed Strain Info
One of the first things you’ll notice when encountering Chem D is its distinct and pungent aroma. It marries the best of its parent strains — Sour Diesel and OG Kush — with a scent that captures sweet and sour earth notes. The smell is intoxicating in its complexity, reminiscent of gas and earthy musk with a subtle undertone of citrus, pepper, and pine.
When it comes to flavor, Chem D doesn’t disappoint. It offers an earthy, herbal taste that echoes its mossy aroma. However, it contrasts that with a sweeter flavor profile that carries the richness and rounds off with a peppery bite. The dominant flavors include chemical, diesel, and earthy notes, making it an acquired taste for some but a treasure for others.
Visual Strain Profile
The visual appeal of Chem D is one of its many charming aspects. The buds are popcorn and tree-shaped, with a lime and forest-green hue that attracts the eye. Dark-orange pistils are woven throughout, and a layer of crystal trichomes gives the buds a frosted look. The trichomes also add a deceptive denseness to the buds; applying considerable force can break a tiny bud into a sizable pile of herb.
Chem D Strain Effects
- Happy: Many consumers report feeling an uplift in their mood.
- Relaxed: A sense of physical relaxation can be felt, making it suitable for unwinding.
- Aroused: Some users also note an increase in sensual awareness.
It’s crucial to note that Chem D tends to amplify the user’s current state of mind. So, if you’re feeling creative, you’ll likely feel even more so. However, if you’re anxious, this strain might heighten that anxiety. Overall, it is a mentally energizing and physically relaxing strain.
Like other cannabis strains, when consuming, you may experience dry mouth, dry eyes, or an increased appetite. It is important to remember to drink plenty of water and adhere to proper dosages.
Chem D Strain Uses
Given its indica dominance, Chem D is often used for relaxation and for boosting your mood. It’s a popular choice for unwinding after a long day and can also be used to aid sleep for some. Due to its highly resinous buds, it’s great for concentrate production. It’s not the best choice for novices or those with a low THC tolerance, given that its THC levels can test over 25%.
Chem D Strain Grow Information
Chem D is a product of breeding between Chem 91 and Chem Dog, and it’s an indica-dominant hybrid. The plants are average-sized and bushy, with broad leaves. It does well in a Screen of Green set-up, with an average flowering time between 70 and 77 days indoors. Outdoors, you can expect it to be ready by mid-October. Despite producing small yields, its highly resinous buds make it a worthwhile endeavor for those interested in concentrate production.
Chem D Cannabis Strain Lineage
Chem D is part of a lineage that includes some of the most iconic strains in cannabis history. The list below highlights strains that are related to Chem D either through direct parentage, sibling strains, or other close relationships:
- Chem 91: This strain is a direct parent of Chem D and has a skunky, earthy aroma with uplifting effects.
- Chem Dog: Also known as “Chemdawg,” this strain is considered one of the parents used to breed Chem D. It’s known for its diesel-like aroma and strong cerebral effects.
- Chem Sis: Sometimes called “Chem Sister,” this is another phenotype of the original Chem Dog strain.
- Chem 4: Another Chem Dog phenotype, Chem 4 has strong effects and flavors similar to its siblings but leans slightly more on the earthy, citrus side.
- Chem 4 OG: A cross between Chem 4 and SFV OG, this strain is known for its uplifting effects and classic OG aroma.
Offspring and Descendants
- Sour Diesel: Although not directly an offspring, Sour Diesel is closely related due to its connection to the Chem Dog lineage. It has a strong diesel aroma and energizing effects.
- OG Kush: Like Sour Diesel, OG Kush is also connected through Chem Dog. OG Kush is known for its complex aroma of fuel, skunk, and spice and its balanced effects.
- Giesel: A cross between Chem D and Mass Super Skunk, this strain takes on a combination of diesel, skunk, and earthy aromas.
Strains with Similar Effects
- Girl Scout Cookies (GSC): Known for its relaxing and euphoric effects, GSC shares some similarities with Chem D in terms of effect profiles.
- Blue Dream: Popular for its happy and relaxed effects, this strain also offers similar experiences to Chem D.
These strains are related to Chem D in various ways, either through lineage or similar effects. Each has unique characteristics, so if you enjoy Chem D, these other strains might also pique your interest.
Chem D is a powerhouse hybrid cannabis strain that comes from the Diesel and Kush lineages.
Chem D is a cross between Sour Diesel and OG Kush.
The buds are lime and forest green, with dark orange pistils and a layer of crystal trichomes.
Chem D amplifies the user’s mood, is mentally energizing, and physically relaxing.
Chem D is an Indica-dominant hybrid.