Medical Cannabis for Hawai’i Visitors with Medical Cannabis Cards
Hawai’i now allows visitors from other U.S. states and territories to use their medical cannabis cards to get a temporary Out-of-State (OSP) card, which is issued by the Hawaii Department of Health. If you are visiting Hawai’i from another U.S. state or territory, and have a current medical cannabis card from your home state, you can apply for an OSP card that is valid for 60 days. With an OSP card you can visit any Hawaii dispensary and purchase medical cannabis.
How to Apply
Visitors can apply for an OSP card that is valid for 60 days and will be sent to you via email. You can apply for an OSP card up to 60 days before arriving in Hawaii.
To apply, you will need to submit the following:
- A valid medical cannabis card from any U.S. state/territory or the District of Columbia
- A valid driver’s license or state ID from the same state as your medical card
- Your medical card must be for one of Hawai’i’s qualifying medical conditions
- Application fee of $49.50 (non-refundable)
- Completed Online Application submitted via DOH Website and video tutorial
*Please note that international medical cannabis registration cards are not accepted at this time.
For more information and to apply for your OSP card, please visit the following resources:
VISIT THE HAWAI’I DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH PORTAL TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT GETTING AN OSP CARD FOR MINORS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 OR TO REGISTER A CAREGIVER WHO CAN ENTER THE DISPENSARY ON BEHALF OF THE PATIENT (BOTH PATIENTS AND CAREGIVERS MUST REGISTER AND RECEIVE THEIR OWN OSP MEDICAL CANNABIS CARDS).