We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide this information to us. However, we collect and store certain information automatically. Here is how we handle information about your visit to our website.
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The date and time you access our site.
- The Internet domain (for example, “yourisp.net” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website.
- The pages you visit.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site.
- If you linked to our website from another website, the address of that website.
We use the information we collect to count the number and type of visitors to the different pages on our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors like you.
In a few areas on our Web Site, we may ask you to provide information that will enable us to verify whether you are entitled to access and use certain information, materials and services available from our Web Site, or to enable us to enhance your site visit. It is completely optional for you to participate. However, failure to participate may mean that you cannot access and use certain information, materials and services.
For example, we request information from you when you:
- Provide feedback in an online survey.
- Register as a museum member.
In each of the instances above, we typically ask for your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, as well as other similar personal information that is needed to register or subscribe you to our services. On occasion, we may ask for additional information to enable us to provide you with access to and use of certain information, materials and services.
Noa Cares will make every effort to secure personal and sensitive information. All personal information gathered via our web pages will utilize SSL encryption technologies to keep your sensitive information from unwanted eyes.
You may choose to provide us with personal information, as in e-mail with a comment or question. We use the information to improve our service to you or to respond to your request. Except for authorized legal investigations, we do not share our e-mail with any other outside organizations.